COVID 19 – Clubhouse Services
Northeastern Center COVID-19 Update
Everyone is concerned with the coronavirus (COVID-19) and closely following the latest developments. This situation spurs a variety of reactions in people and can sometimes intensify anxiety, stress, or depression.
As your community counseling center, Northeastern Center stands ready to help residents of Northeast Indiana cope with the feelings, emotions, and needs that may result from this situation. By utilizing our staff and services as well as other available community resources, we continue to work to ensure basic needs of food, shelter, and clothing are also met along with the emotional fallout.
At this time all Northeastern Center services and offices, which are located in Noble, DeKalb, LaGrange, and Steuben Counties maintain regular operating hours and transportation services. We are continuing to evaluate services on a daily basis as developments occur.
Our agency remains in constant contact with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) as well as local and state health agencies. We are implementing all necessary recommendations to prevent the spread of the coronavirus.
Specifically, Northeastern Center is doing the following (not a comprehensive list):
- Enforcing universal precaution steps (e.g. hand hygiene, social distancing, etc.)
- Additional cleaning and disinfecting of facilities when and where needed
- Requesting anyone (clients and staff) experiencing symptoms of illness to stay home
- Exploring alternate methods to deliver services such as audio and video
- Restricting visitors at our inpatient hospital and group homes until further notice
The Northeastern Center Emergency Services Team is available to all area residents, via phone, 24-hours a day at 1-800-790-0118, to assist with persons encountering a mental health crisis. Calls may also be made to our outpatient offices during normal business hours.
Northeastern Center offers a few tips to help you cope:
- Stay reasonably informed but ‘unplug’ for a few hours or an evening if you can;
- Avoid gossip and social media;
- Identify and practice prevention techniques you can control;
- Encourage those experiencing anxiety to limit media exposure to a single credible source;
- Take care of yourself and loved ones;
- Stay calm
- Call your doctor for advice if you begin experiencing symptoms of illness
Northeastern Center is here to help and provide reassurance in this time of need. It is our commitment and duty to you and the community.